8.09.2013

호박전 (Hobak-jeon)

It's been ages since my last blog post, and finally I am back for more. Another interesting story coming your way.

Last Wednesday my mother surprisingly brought home a Zucchini Squash!! And for me zucchini squash only means 1 thing.......HOBAK-JEON!! Don't get me wrong but I actually thought that our markets here don't sell zucchinis :)). Hobak-jeon is a Korean pan fritter, Hobak means squash/pumpkin and  Jeon means pancake giving us Squash Pancake. Cooking this is actually pretty easy.

What you will need:
1 Zuchhini squash, sliced
1 egg
Flour



1. You will need a Zucchini Squash, my mom said that you can buy this in Aranque. That's where all the Chinese veggies are sold.


Slice the squash "the cucumber way", if you know what I mean. :D


2. Heat the pan with oil
3. Cover the squash with FLOUR first before dipping it into the beated egg.




4. Start deep frying the pancakes, until they turn golden brown.
And there you have it!! Easy right :D


My mother and sister were complaining how it doesn't taste anything, so I searched the fridge for something and found this soy sauce with chili sauce. I just added calamansi zest and it was good to go. Not more than 5 minutes had gone the plate was already empty. Ha!! TAKE THAT SHOBE AND MOTHER!! :P


Now, I've proven to myself that I can cook. (sort of) HURRAY!!!! :D


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento