Tomorrow my Dad (Franz Macalintal) will be celebrating his 22nd birthday. Since he has been so supportive and caring to us SWAG GIRLS we decided to return the favor and surprised him instead. Luckily, I have read the book "Perks Of Being A Wallflower", that is where I got the idea about "Secret Santa". (Now you know why I have a weird title).
Day 1: DIY Chocolate Coated Marshmallows from Danica.
At first everything was working according to the plan, what gave us up?? My excitement and shock reflexes!! hahaha. Just what my Dad told my Shobe Helen we really nedd to attend a seminar about conducting surprises. :)

Day 2: Tokyo Tokyo Bento Meal from Rhea
Since both Danica and Rhea have classes that day I was assigned to buy the meal on SM and be at school before 12nn. But nowadays the weather is so cool so I slept-in a LITTLE BIT, but when I woke up VOILA!! It's already 10am. I immediately scramble out of my bed and rushed to take a bath. Going to SM was epic!! There was a heavy traffic because they were reconstructing the road along Tayuman. When I arrived at school I rushed to the Laboratory and they told me to leave the meal to Kuya guard and Dad will pick-it up. Sadly, someone from his class overheard my conversation with Kuya guard and told Dad about it.
![]() |
| text message we sent him using a classmates phone |
Day 3: Super Cup from Helen
The night before Helen's turn she called me and told about her ride home experience with Dad. Unexpectedly, she told him that it was her turn tomorrow and was planning to give him "Sbarro's Chicago White" pizza slice as a gift. I was in ultimate shock and kept asking her "Why? Why? Why did you told him?" But it's okay since he already knows that it's us who's giving him those daily gifts.
Day 4: Starbucks' Banoffie Pie from Jaru
Actually only Rhea knows that Dad loves to have a taste of SB's Banoffie Pie. And since Jaru cannot find any products that represents zombies (Dad loves everyrhing about zombies because of Walking Dead) she took Rhea's advice instead and bought the pie for Dad. Poor Dad he's diet is ruined by us. :)
Day 5: DIY box with Mochi Dew (Mochi and Mt. Dew) and Chicago Bulls Slippers from Me
For almost a week I've been thinking and thinking what to give him and slippers is the only thing that keeps poppin' in my mind that my budget can afford. So I started searching the net for gift ideas and Mr. Google the search engine lead me to Pinterest. I was like da-dumb, why did I not thought about Pinterest. I even have my own account! What a lousy Pinterest account owner. Anyways when I got home from the 7pm Victory U-belt Youth Service, I opened my computer and went to my facebook account to see what does my Dad have to say about the gift he received that day. I was so overwhelmed about how happy he was and how he complimented the person (me) about being resourceful and artistic. Thank you for those Pins. :)
![]() |
| I wasn't able to tape the bottle firmly to the box the reason for this mess. |
We were suppose to meet-up in school at exactly 9am, I woke-up at 9 and got there by 11am. hehe so much for my lateness story. After we were completed we immediately went to Red Ribbon (there is actually a branch near our school) to buy daddy's cake and after that we went to buy a whole chicken on Andok's along Blumentritt. It was actually a pretty bad experience for us especially to Danica. While we were waiting for the chicken two street children sprung out of nowhere and decided to pull a prank upon us. Luckily the manongs helped us to get rid of those children and we got back in one-piece. I though to myself "I had enough for one day." Surprising him was a failure. When we reached the school he was already at the school's gym waiting for us. Conclusion we covered his eyes while we were preparing the cake ( getting it out from the box). What was more of a failure is we don't have a lighter or match to light the candle, so I told dad "Mag imagine ka na lang na nakasindi ung candle ah." Then we sung the Happy Birthday song. I told him to make a wish before blowing the candle. But instead he answered me back saying "Wala naman ana akong iwiwish eh, kumpleto na lahat." It was the most ultimate "aww" moment that I can't ever imagine.
![]() |
| Mocha Cake and Andok's Chicken |
After the tiring surprising event we went to the school canteen to eat what we bought. But I think we were having bad lucks during that time because the canteen already ran out of rice. That's why we only had chicken and cake for our lunch and was late for our 2pm class. But it was fun. :)
| Chinito Dad = Chinita Daughters |
Happy Birthday Daddy. You're the 2nd Best DAD that I ever had. Out of all those things you've done. I will love you better now. <3 - NAMMY











Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento